Tuesday, October 2, 2012

More Madness



To continue my journey through Anthony Powell's "Dance" required a bit of  shopping.  My local independent bookstore did not have what I was looking for so I turned to the ether mall.  Finding a copy in Georgia, at a price I was willing to pay which included free shipping ,I snatched it up.  Several days later I received an email saying my book had shipped along with a  tracking number, with that I could watch it being lost.

Things are done differently in Georgia than in Mayberry.  I've no idea what percentage of my chosen book store goods are shipped, and since I didn't directly pay for shipping I hardly care, but here is how the shipping went down.

Bookstore shipped via DHL a most excellent and expeditious international package delivery company.  DHL took it to the US post office.  The US Postal Service delivered the book to me.

Semi-capitalist that I am, I am all in favor of everyone making a living, in any way they can, but surely DHL was paid more than the cost of a stamp.  For what?  The PO picks up for free.

Toad

5 comments:

Karena said...

Toad unreal!!!

I am having an amazing Giveaway of Plush Pumpkins from Love Feast the Mrs might enjoy!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Unknown said...

replica bags in china replica bags uk replica bags karachi

Unknown said...

click reference bags replica gucci additional resources replica designer bags wholesale moved here best replica bags

thaysho said...

have a peek here dolabuy louis vuitton i loved this Dolabuy Hermes pop over to this web-site Dolabuy Fendi

teeta said...

high replica bags v14 h3p01c8i71 best replica designer bags u21 p2r82a3e34 best replica designer bags x68 a5t49s1b10