Monday, October 1, 2012

breast cancer awareness month





October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.


It's not a woman's disease.  It's a family disease that, according to the Centers For Disease Control, directly affects 190,000 women and their families per year.


Including mine.




Early detection is the best medicine.  Monthly self exams, mammograms as prescribed, and replacing bad habits may save your life.


Take good care of your self, if not for you, then for me.  I like having you around.



Support the good work of the National Cancer Institute

Toad

5 comments:

Gail, in northern California said...

Coincidentally, I have a mammogram appt. scheduled for 3:15 p.m. It's like a Russian Roulette game we have to play.

Toad said...

Gail, I understand they are less than pleasant but I commend you and expect you shall come home with great results.

Gail, in northern California said...

Hi Toad,

Just got home. The technician took the extra time to call the medical doctor who reviews the screens. MD's first inclination was "no visible abnormalities" but prefers to compare those taken today with the ones taken in May, 2011.

Thank you for your vote of confidence. I'm starting to feel better already. ;-)

Toad said...

Yeay!!!

Patsy said...

Upcoming Race for the Cure - Boston 10/20/12 - love to have anyone join me!

I'm on the Race Committee and it's one of the best things I've ever been a part of.