Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The gods mock me


Once again Fortuna has spun her Karmic wheel with my name coming up trumps. Armed with your suggestions I'm headed to Bean Town.

By a fluke of geography, Boston to Washington DC, then a quick right turn through the mountains to Mayberry is only a few miles further than than the MapQuest recommended Boston-Mayberry direct route. Knowing the calendar, and observing that the mileage difference is insignificant, I've added Gettysburg (the anniversary of the battle was last weekend) and Baltimore (soft shell crab season) to my itinerary.

So what does this have to do with the Ben Sidran recording? According to Ben, in these few short days I'll cover "the 3 simple constituent parts of Jazz Music in America". You need to hear the song to learn what they are though. While passing your neck of the woods I'll wave.

Remember, not all who wander are lost. Try to get on without me, I'll be home in a few days.

Toad

5 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Safe travels!

pigtown*design, awaiting your company said...

Soft crabs? That's like eating BABIES!!!

Barbara said...

Well Toad, first of all, I love your new heading photo. So very preppy and cool. As are you, no doubt. :)

And soft shell crab season? Lead me to it! You'll be getting them fresh off the boat too, you lucky dog.
Have fun traveling!

Patsy said...

I'll be watching for your wave in Boston!

Mrs. Blandings said...

There's nothing like a good road trip. I'm not having one this summer so will live vicariously through you.