Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I love these



I have long wanted Albert Slippers, but have never had the courage to pull the trigger. The darling Ms. Hollister Hovey displayed these on a recent post, and I fell in love immediately.
Displayed are women's, but men's sizes are available, alas in a heavier construction, in all the women's patterns, including monograms.
Cost is $180 and they take 4 months to procure. Oh, but a great alternative to Belgians.
Women's are less dear, are available in many more styles, and are available now. From By Paige http://www.bypaige.com/store/store.php?crn=206&start=3
Toad (respectfully channeling Bunny)

3 comments:

Martha said...

I can see these slippers on your feet! I do think you need them -- and they would probably last and last!

Sartre said...

Beatutiful. I had a pair of navy velvet Alberts from Church's about 15 years ago. Most comfortable things I ever owned, mainly because of the (red) quilted lining. I would strongly recommend you look at a line that has quilted lining; check out the search function at AskAndyAboutClothes.com -- there are a number of informative threads in re Albert slippers.

tintin said...

There's a sale at Stubbs and Wooten although I don't like their last. I have two pr. Monogramed from Sargent and Stag's head with dogs running on the side from Paul Stuart. I love them.